[CCF] CQWW SSB OH4A(OH1NOA) SOAB HP

Timo Klimoff timo.klimoff at dnainternet.net
Tue Nov 1 07:59:16 PDT 2011

Tällaiset talkoot tällä kertaa. Ei mennyt kaikki ihan kuin Strömssöössä,
mutta hyvinhän tuo pileuppi ajoittain pyöri Jukan asemalta. Ekaa kertaa
pääsin yli 5000 kuson SSB-kontestissa.

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: OH4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Salo
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Radios: SO2R

  160:  130     9       39
   80:  583    18       64
   40:  815    25       91
   20: 1260    35       97
   15: 1261    33      106
   10: 1031    37      111
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Good condx are always nice! Although bands were grooving, there were still
much
better in the peak years of the last maximum. Nowadays there is just more
contesters and more activity. It also looks like that eg. OH8X and SJ2W had
some extra openings which me and OH2IW at OH2BH missed.

Contest started quite slow - 20m was closed and couldn't get much going on
40
meters. Bands really started to glow on midday when I worked 617 qsos in 3
hours with the peak rate of 229 qsos in 60 minutes. But then suddenly
another
tower stopped to turn and stucked to Japan for the rest of the contest. I
was
mentally hit badly and almost called it a day. But as I was an invited guest
operator, I forced myself to continue even one-legged, although I lost
several
"pages" of my "operating strategy" with this problem. I also took some extra
sleeping time at night just because I was "mentally down" and not focused.

Sunday procuced some super nice openings on 10 meters. The highlight was
perhaps KL7RA answering to my CQ at 10z. NH7A was worked earlier in the
morning. My second radio amplifier stopped to work on Sunday morning. It
took
few hours to recover from that another mental (and signal) hit and then
started
to use second radio with barefoot power. I am still on my learning curve
with
SO2R. Next time is much better for sure ...

Thanks to Jukka (OH6LI/OH0V) and Merja (OH6LI/XYL) for invitation to their
fb
station! Jukka's station has some very cool innovations.

Equipment:
2xFT1000MP, 2xPA
Antennae (copied from qrz.com):
160: 6x slopers 80: 2el LL yagi up 36m 40: 2o2 full size yagis + 2el coil
loaded yagi 20: 4o4o4 yagis + 4o4o4 yagis + 2el loop for EU 15: 4o4 yagis +
4o4
yagis 10: 4o4o4 yagis + 4o4o4 yagis