[CCF] [TOEC] SAC 2012 Introduces National Team Contesting

SM5AJV sm5ajv at qrq.se
Thu Aug 2 06:05:27 PDT 2012

Hi Juha!

Good question!

As far as I know has the Scandinavian Cup been calculated by DXCC since a
very long time back. If you look at the cup results from 1999 (when we
changed from 27 hours to 24 hours) and until last year, the cup has been
calculated this way except in 2003 when OH6LI was using the national leagues
instead. If one re-calculates the score using the DXCC's, Sweden would have
won the cup for the first time.

My finnish is not so good, but OH3WW stated that he maybe was "responsible"
for the change when he was SRAL contest manager in the past.
Read more on:
http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/ccf/2011-August/009957.html

I have not seen any written rules on how the cup should be calculated.
This year we have added that into the rules. Please take a look at
http://sactest.net/blog/rules/

73 Ingo SM5AJV
SAC CC Teamleader