[CCF] Russian DX Contest 2014

Jukka Klemola jpklemola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 03:04:13 EDT 2014

Thanks Mats .. !

To clarify - the power supply is my 45m rotating tower motor power supply.
You remember the old power drill I have at the tower base to rotate the
10-15-20-40 stacks on that tower?
The power drill's gear gave up after more than 7 years of reliable service
in an environment it was not really designed for.
That gave the power supply a hit leading to shorting.

That power supply outputs also +27V for my 80m yagi tuning relays and all
+12V auxilliary power I use for two radio handling.

This one power supply was in the heart of my station.
Now the new arrangement gives a lot of flexibility.
I mean, one device breaking will stop operating for only less than 10
minutes. Only minor re-wiring is needed when that happens again. Hopefully
the new supply will last longer than 8 years.

I have had no problems with my amplifiers now for many years.
I run my amplifiers cool.
1500W output RTTY is not too much.
With my current fan arrangement, the output air temperature level is 90 to
95C, measured 20cm above the tube.

Your email has a funny power.
It kicks me into some strange state of pushing myself to go and fix the
station.
Let's see what I can do this week before the contest.

Hear You all.

73,
Jukka OH6LI