Busted Calls

buettneb at guug.de buettneb at guug.de
Mon Dec 7 19:51:14 EST 1992

Hi Contesters

> What can REALLY slow me down in the last situation is when I give the
> correct call, but the other guy repeats his call phonetically instead
> of saying "QSL".  That happens more often than you might think, and it
> really annoys me, because as soon as I hear phonetics I assume that I
> have the call wrong.

Ron makes a good point here.  The procedures he describes is
something the JAs keep doing, especially on CW. It really
can drive you mad when you find out that you had the call right
all the time - after five times back and forth.

Please, all you JAs out there, READ THIS!

73 Ben
--
[]
[] Bernhard Buettner (Ben)