FD rates

Jim -- MLO3-6/B9 -- DTN 223-5747 01-Jul-1992 1045 reisert at mast.enet.dec.com
Wed Jul 1 11:42:39 EDT 1992

------------------Reply to mail dated 1-JUL-1992 09:43:01.33------------------

Gary, W9XT wrote:

>During tear down at FD we got into a discussion of what sort of maximum
>rates are possible during FD on CW.  You really seem to be limited
>by the low skill level of the stations you work.  We never got much
>over 60/hr.

Gary, I agree 100%.  Field Day CW is slow and grueling, but steady.  I know
I had some 50+/hour rates (both 15 and 20 CW, I didn't get a chance to try
40 CW), but I agree, more than 1/minute is tough to sustain.  Especially
with all the repeats, extra callsigns sent, etc.  I'll post our breakdown
sheet when I get a copy of it.

73 - Jim AD1C

Jim Reisert                     Internet:  reisert at mast.enet.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corp.         UUCP:      ...decwrl!mast.enet.dec.com!reisert
146 Main Street	- MLO3-6/C9	Voice:     508-493-5747
Maynard, MA  01754		FAX:       508-493-0395