CT Version 8 strangeness

Steven London steven at ulysses.atmos.colostate.edu
Mon Jul 6 14:29:15 EDT 1992

Here's a few strange things I found trying out CT 8.09 for the IARU RS contest.
Could one of you New England guys pass this on to Ken ?

1)  When I enter a callsign and hit the space bar, I expect CT to figure
    out what zone the station is in, and fill in the zone field (just like
    it does for CQWW).  I should be able to change the zone field (in
    case it's a headquarters station).  Unfortunately, I have to enter the
    zone manually for every QSO.

2)  This is related to 1) above, but pretty bizarre ....
    I configured two computers to talk to each other running CT 8.09 as
    multi-single.  On computer 1, I enter the call JA3RL.  I enter the
    zone as "JARL".  I hit enter.  All is fine on computer 1.  On computer
    2, the call JA3RL is filled in correctly, but the zone is "45", not
    "JARL".

Anyone know of other CT version 8 bugs related to IARU RS ?

Steve, N2IC