Telephone Poles

0015017 at msgate.emis.hac.com 0015017 at msgate.emis.hac.com
Fri Apr 2 08:45:23 EST 1993

From: Balmforth, Kevin D
Date: Fri, Apr 2, 1993 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: Telephone Poles
To: CONTESTMAIL
I used an 80' telephone pole in the mid 70's to support a TH6DXX.  I used 1
1/4" angle iron and some 1/4" steel plate to fashion a support for the rotor
(a coal stoker transmission driven by a sewing machine motor, but that is
another story...) and a thrust bearing made of a 2 1/2" pipe T-fitting
attached to a horizontal pipe through the top of the pole.  I got the idea
from old Telrex ads in QST; I believe they used to market a pole mounted
rotor.  It worked great, until I came home from college one year and found my
Mom had it cut down and turned into a planter...

73, Kevin NC6U