Ham Radio Noxious/Offensive?

Kris Mraz mraz at maverick.aud.alcatel.com
Mon Apr 19 16:56:28 EDT 1993

The is a deed restriction question which may impact my contesting activities.

Has anyone had experience with deed restrictions with the following wording?

"No noxious or offensive trade or activity shall be carried out in the
subdivision, nor shall anything be done therin which may be or become a
nuisance to the neighborhood."

While there are no other restrictions pertaining to antennas, antenna
height, etc., this one restriction looks like a catchall that could be
applied to any radio activity the the neighbors don't like. For instance, if
a neighbor experiences TVI they could invoke this restriction just by
defining it as a nuisance.

Would the FCC's authority override any such restriction as applied to radio
transmissions, thus making it null and void?

Comments appreciated.

Kris, AA5UO
mraz at aud.alcatel.com