Callsign Reflector

sawyer at twg.com sawyer at twg.com
Thu Dec 16 11:50:36 EST 1993

Somebody ELSE wants xxBS??? No way.  I already have dibs on it.
                             Bruce Sqwyer, ZF8BS
                             (also AA6KX, but that'll change!)

From: Charlie Ocker <Ocker at KD5PJ.dseg.ti.com> (Charlie Ocker)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 93  13:59:40 CST
Subject: Rules for callsign party

George, W2VJN writes:

	I vote for seniority.

I'll second that.  I missed getting my extra (and a 1x2) back in 1976 by
2 characters in the cw exam.  Muffed the hard copy, but comprehended the
text 100%.  It was then on to college and I had enough on my hands with
electrical engineering without worrying about ham radio.  I think they
should start with those licensed since *at least* the last 1x2 offering
was terminated, in 1978 or 1979, I believe.

Maybe someone can correct me on this, but wasn't the first "opening" for
pick-yer-own 1x2's in 1975, and then only to those who were extras and
licensed at least 20 years??  Then, after a year, they opened it up to
any extra??

73,
Charlie  KD5PJ				ocker at kd5pj.dseg.ti.com