morse music

Andrew Sargent N8OFS andrews at telemax.com
Wed Dec 29 22:56:49 EST 1993

> Sender: CQ-Contest-Relay at TGV.COM
> Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1993 2:26:35 -0500 (EST)
> From: FOXG at WCSUB.CTSTATEU.EDU
> To: cq-contest at tgv.com
> Subject: morse music
>
> Back in 1967, when I was 17, I used to hang out in Greenwich Village on
> Friday and Saturday nights.  There were many stores, including many music
> stores.  One night, while I was walking down Bleeker Street, I heard music
> coming from one storefront and it went like this...
>
> "Oh dear Miss Morse.  I love you.  Yes I do, really do.  Dit dit dah dit.
> Dit dit dah.  Dah dit dah....".  Well, you get the rest.  The really
> sang the 'words' dit and dah.  The group was Pearls Before Swine and the
> song was Miss Morse.
>
> And now you know the rest of the story.
>
> Geoff WA1U

I've got another one for ya, it's a song by WIRE, and it goes like
this:

Dot Dash Dot Dash Dot Dash
Dot Dash Dot Dash Dot Dash

--
Mesmerized by a decade of hate,           ! AMATEUR =   N8OFS
Flowers and remorse,                      ! ARMY MARS = AAN5HJT

From: oo7 at astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 93 22:01:17 GMT
Subject: Zone 18

	Ref AA5BT's note on UA0 and Zone 18.  There are no more UA0Txx or UA0Vxx
	stations - they have been UA8Txx and UA8Vxx for several years - but with
	very little activity.  (also UZ8Txx and UZ8Vxx)
	73 Tom K1KI

Well, scuuuuuse me!    Anyway, I have worked UA0TO in the All-Asia
contests, most recently in June 91, is that 'several' years ago?

Derek AA5BT

From: Eugene Walsh <0004504465 at mcimail.com> (Eugene Walsh)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 93 00:26 EST
Subject: UA0TO

NOT TO GET IN TO THE LITTLE NUANCES OF THE SYSTEM BUT UA0TO
IS LOCATED IN IRKUTSKAYA OBLAST (UA0Sxx).
WHAT USED TO BE UA0T IS NOW UA8T SINCE SOMETIME IN THE 70's.
N2AA

From: USACLU::MMI"@nmpost.nmp.nokia.com (Marko Myllymaki 450-4020x107 (Marko Myllymaki 450-4020x107)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1993 5:40:50 GMT
Subject: Possible typing mistakes

Hi,

I've been screening my 8R1K log of CQ WW SSB contest (have to get it in soon),
and I think I have couple of typos there but I would like to get input if
anyone worked following calls:

V31YX, CN2JR or V26N

I have logged 5 times V31DX but only once V31YX.
Also, I remember that the CN's call was suppose to be CN2JF.  I have logged
only this one CN and I remember he was very weak on 40 m.  Also it seems that
F and R are next to each others on the keyboard.
I have logged 3 times V26B but only once V26N, again B and N seem to be next to
each others.

Any input will be appreciated.  You can mail directly to me at address:

mmi at mobira.nmp.nokia.com

73 de Marko AB6NJ = OH6DO

From: oo7 at astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 93 23:51:05 GMT
Subject: UA0s

	NOT TO GET IN TO THE LITTLE NUANCES OF THE SYSTEM BUT UA0TO
	IS LOCATED IN IRKUTSKAYA OBLAST (UA0Sxx).

There's not many people know that[tm].

	WHAT USED TO BE UA0T IS NOW UA8T SINCE SOMETIME IN THE 70's.

Before my wirelessing time, squire.

	N2AA

Don't shout!   Well, I just goes by what they tells me in CQWW or
what their kewsell card says.  I'm just sorry I spoke.

But now I understand - UA0T is not really UA0T at all - well, it is
but it's really UA0S.  But what used to be UA0T is something else,
while what is now UA0T isn't, although it's S now, at least it would
be if - what was the question?

Derek aa5bt

From: Eugene Walsh <0004504465 at mcimail.com> (Eugene Walsh)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 93 01:45 EST
Subject: APOLOGIES

I APOLOGIZE FOR SAYING WHERE UA0TO WAS LOCATED.
IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME THAT ANYONE WOULD BE UPSET
BY THIS.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
GENE N2AA

From: oo7 at astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 93 01:08:58 CST

	I APOLOGIZE FOR SAYING WHERE UA0TO WAS LOCATED.
	IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME THAT ANYONE WOULD BE UPSET
	BY THIS.  HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL   GENE N2AA

Hey, who's upset?   Not me - we're all friends here.
It's a confusing situation for some of us, but that's
not your fault.

Derek aa5bt

From: Willy Umanets <uw9ar at chal.chel.su> (Willy Umanets)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 93 15:11:05 -0500

Hi ALL,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I just read this

>        Ref AA5BT's note on UA0 and Zone 18.  There are no more UA0Txx or UA0Vxx
>        stations - they have been UA8Txx and UA8Vxx for several years - but with
>        very little activity.  (also UZ8Txx and UZ8Vxx)
>        73 Tom K1KI

> Well, scuuuuuse me!    Anyway, I have worked UA0TO in the All-Asia
> contests, most recently in June 91, is that 'several' years ago?

> Derek AA5BT

and also Derek's comments on N2AA's lil note. Well, in my
opinion Tom has cum up with very qualitative answer. What Derek probably
overlooked was the LIL NUANCE i.e. UA0Txx is a 2 by 3, while UA0TO is an
old type of c/s. So, both - K1KI and N2AA were correct.

w/best of season's greetings Willy, UW9AR.
---
73, Willy, UW9AR