WASABE Winners!

D. Leeson 0005543629 at mcimail.com
Sun Jul 11 20:37:00 EDT 1993

NCCC WASABE Award to JA's in CQWW

At Dayton in 1992, KM9P suggested an award from W6 to encourage JA
participation in CQWW.  The following two messages summarize the result:

**********

To:  JE1CKA

De:  W6QHS

Re:  WASABE!

Hello Tack...

Your W6 friends in the Northern California Contest Club have missed the
great participation in the past of many JA stations in the CQWW contest.  In
order to encourage more JA stations to take part in this year's CQWW (October
24/25 and November 28/29), we will be offering a bonus award, the "Worked All
Sixth Area Bonus Event" (WASABE) award.

The WASABE award will be a certificate for 50 U.S. Sixth Area QSO's and an
imprinted award tee-shirt for 500 Sixth Area QSO's.  Valid QSO's are as
defined in CQWW rules - one QSO for each band/mode.  We will also work with
our members to get better QSL response to JA stations.

Lists or logs should include only U.S. Sixth Area stations worked in both
modes (disk or paper lists copied from CQWW logs ok), and should be mailed to
WASABE, W6QHS @ callbook address.  We hope to make this a yearly award.
Details are being finalized this week with WZ6Z, W6OAT, N6IP and N6TV, but I
wanted to let you know about WASABE for your JA magazine columns and
newsletters.

More to come...

73, Dave W6QHS  9-92