Windloading questions

Randy A Thompson K5ZD at world.std.com
Fri Jul 23 08:10:31 EDT 1993

Regarding K7GM's wind load questions.  That seems like a LOT of antenna
for a crank-up tower.  An equally effective installation that would be
more practical would be a Cushcraft 40-2CD 2-ele 40m on top and the KT34XA
below.  Sure, the KLM 3-ele 40 might be a tad better than the 40-2CD,
but you wouldn't have to worry about everything falling down in a big
wind.  It would also not fall apart!

Thought I would post this to the group to gain some opposing views.
If someone has a better configuration, I need to know so I can put it up
here.

Randy, K5ZD