No subject

jcoleman at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu jcoleman at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 12 09:47:37 EST 1993

Jim,

Sorry buddy but you might as well forget it. I am a Mac power user at
work...We have at least one of every variety (This is a Quadra) and I use a
Classic II at home so I can work at home easily. The only way to run CT is
using a program called Soft AT which sets up a DOS drive on the Mac hard
drive and runs DOS programs under a shell arrangement. It is way too slow
and the function keys can be a problem. My solution, which is cheaper now
than ever, was to buy a bare bones monochrome 286 clone and put it side by
side with the Mac. These days you can probably do it for the same money as
buying the Soft AT software. I've used CT on a Toshiba T1000SE laptop with
great success and I saw Tucker had them for $500.

Once you have a clone you can run lots of other ham software. I use MN
Analysis and Miniprop Plus extensively so the AT gets used more often than
just contests.

There are relatively cheap programs for mounting DOS disks in the Mac. I
use Access PC but there are others. They are great for reading text files
from CT and other DOS programs into word processors on the Mac for
formatting and printing.

Maybe somebody else has other solutions...

73 de Jim KA6A
jcoleman at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Microelectronics Laboratory
University of Illinois