No subject

Doug.Grant at analog.com Doug.Grant at analog.com
Fri Mar 19 10:22:00 EST 1993

If such a thing gets put in place, I will enter that category just to make
sure that all the whiners have no chance whatever of winning it. I will
encourage all the other routine 48-hour Top Ten to enter it seriously also.
With any luck, a few years of the "same old guys winning the new category"
will show people the error of their ways.

More awards to increase participation through recognition of reaching certain
milestones is the right thing to do. If you don't like 48-hour contests,
operate the shorter ones. There are plenty of them. No world-class marathon
runne rs run 100-meter sprints at a world-class level. No drag racers enter
the 24 hours of LeMans or the Indy 500. And no casual Sunday driver would
seriously consider entering any of these races to win, nor petition the
sponsors that a new category be established for his own benefit.

If you want to compete, learn the game, make the investment, and get serious.
If you are unwilling to do those things, play the game under your own rules
for your own enjoyment, but respect the goals of those who play to win.

Doug   K1DG