Final QSL

KM9P at delphi.com KM9P at delphi.com
Sun Mar 28 21:31:37 EST 1993

I don't think there is anything wrong with sending only your callsign
for confirmation.  As long as you are consistant.  The only DX contesting
I've done was from KP2A in WPX CW.  Trey and I confimed every QSO with
KP2A.  It was never a problem and helped keep the rate high because we
were killing two birds with one stone.  We also confirmed any errors in
copying the calling station.

The following confirmed a previously busted call, confirmed the Q, and QRZ.

WB2EKK KP2A

The other choice might be something like...

WB2EKK R TU TEST DE KP2A

Further note on the busted call issue...  I think the 3 to 1 or 10 to 1
penalty was originally instituted because the log checkers could not
possibly check every log submitted.  So if you bust one call, chances
were probably pretty good that you would bust more if they were to check
all of the QSO's.  Now with the days of computers, a much greater percentage
of the QSO's in a log can be checked.  If 50% of your log is actually
checked, then a fair penalty would be 2 to 1.  In the case of CQWW where
the only information exchanged is a callsign...  I don't think 10 to 1
is too excessive as long as everyone's logs are checked consistantly.
It is VERY difficult to find busted calls in a CQWW log... Just ask any
of the guys who check the logs.

73

Bill, KM9P