NA SPRINT Results

bmichaud at vnet.IBM.COM bmichaud at vnet.IBM.COM
Wed Sep 22 10:38:36 EDT 1993

Band     QSO's     points
80          47         47
40          86         86
20          71         71
_________________________
TOTAL      204        204   X   39 multipliers  =  7,956

Fun, as usual, with NA 8.05---appreciated the patience of more than a
few ops who suffered thru my fumbling with the keyboard.  Tnx
Note: my tri-bander tower is an oak tree amongst other oak trees.  I
have it lashed to the tree, using rope, at 25 feet off the ground. To
rotate it I must put the ladder up, carry the beam down to the ground,
dissamble it, turn the boom, relocate the elements, reassamble the boom,
climb back up, and lash it back to the tree!  I only rotate it once,
prior to the contest, in one favored direction---WEST for NA Sprint.
73, Bert, W1IHN

>From mraz at maverick.aud.alcatel.com (Kris Mraz)  Wed Sep 22 16:19:10 1993
From: mraz at maverick.aud.alcatel.com (Kris Mraz) (Kris Mraz)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 10:19:10 CDT
Subject: Sprint Rule Question

An after-the-contest question:
Do names have to be received and spelled correctly? Or is anything close
acceptable? With a name like Kris it could be spelled Kris or Chris. I don't
want to have to spell it out each QSO.

Kris, AA5UO

From: blunt at arrl.org (Billy Lunt KR1R) (Billy Lunt KR1R)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 09:10:18 EST
Subject: PA QSO Party

ARRL HQ received the rules for the Pennsylvania QSO Party
too late for publication in Contest Corral.

     The Pennsylvania QSO Party is from 1600Z October 9 until
0500Z October 10 and 1300Z-2200Z October 10.
     The classes are Single Op, Multi-single, multi-multi,
mobile, portable and Novice/Tech; power levels are QRP (<5),
Medium (<150), and QRO. Work PA stations only (PA station work
everyone).
     Exchange sequential serial number and ARRL/RAC section (PA
stations exchange serial number and county). stations on county
lines give one number, but all counties may count as multipliers.
     Score 2 points/CW QSO on 160 and 80; 1.5 points/CW QSO on
20, 15 and 10; and 1 point/QSO on phone. Multipliers are PA
counties (67 total); PA multipliers are PA counties, ARRL/RAC
sections and 1 for DX (max 150). Bonus multipliers: multiply
score by 2 if QRP, and by 3 if Novice/Tech. Mobiles count 500
points to final score for each PA county from which you made at
least 10 QSOs.
     Awards. Club competition. Send logs to be received by
November 15 to PA QSO Party, Nittany ARC, PO Box 614, State
College, PA 16804-0614. If you have questions, you can contact
K3CM @ W3YA.PA.USA.NOAM.