WAE scoring

00pmbarkey at bsuvc.bsu.edu 00pmbarkey at bsuvc.bsu.edu
Fri Aug 12 14:56:25 EDT 1994

I have to agree with K3EST about WAE contest scoring rules.

I operated full bore from W9RE in 1986 in the WAE, and my score
was *doubled* by the winning W1 score.  Hey, I didn't enter the
contest expecting to win, but perhaps the 40 and 80
meter multiplier rules could be toned down a little bit?

By the way, the CQ 160 contest DX point scoring is also excessively
generous, as far as I am concerned.  The 5-to-1 ratio of DX points
to W points (from the US perspective) makes it mighty hard to
overcome the EU runs that the east coast guys get.

   -- Pat
      WA8YVR
      00pmbarkey at bsuvc.bsu.edu