VE4GV NAQP SSB

rkaufmn at CC.UManitoba.CA rkaufmn at CC.UManitoba.CA
Sun Aug 21 14:40:35 EDT 1994

                          NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: VE4GV                                          Location: MB

     Category: Single Op All Band  (One radio)

     Mode: SSB             Power: 150W

     Exchanged Information: VE4GV ROB MB

     Hours of Operation: 09:55

     band      QSOs     points    mults
     DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
     160          6         6        5
      75         37        37       23
      40        266       266       52
      20        402       402       52
      15         13        13       10
      10          3         3        3
     DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
     TOTAL      727       727      145      SCORE: 105,415

    Comments:
	Just like NCJ to hold an NAQP on the absolute best wx weekend in the
	whole summer. Glorious sunshine and I'm stuck in the shack fighting
	summertime QRN on 80. XYL thinks I'm nuts. (Maybe I am)
	Best Radio DVK voice - WA8ZDT talk about a "Radio" voice !?
	Best signal on 40 m until someone mentioned the 150 w power limit
	- K4XU
	Nice things that happen - KL7 and VY1 one after another on 40 m.

	Waited for K6LL's tip about Sporatic E to come true. Fri evening
	heard lots of stns on 10 m, never heard em again all Saturday.
	Will someone please turn on 15 m again real soon ? We really suffer
	up here without the high bands.

	Congrats to Derrick VE4VV on his score from VE4 land. (134 k?)
	His extra 100 q's beat out my 6 extra mults.
	Just got to improve my 75 m sig. He waxed me in the pileups on that
	band. ( Argh)

        73 Rob VE4GV
        rkaufmn at cc.umanitoba.ca.