WQ5L's first sprint

Ray Rocker rrrocker at rock.b11.ingr.com
Sun Feb 6 16:07:13 EST 1994

Call:     WQ5L
QTH:      Alabama
Rig:      FT-757GX + LA1000, ~400W
Ant:      multiband dipole @25'
Hours:    all four...

QSOs:     185 (50 on 20m, 103 on 40m, 32 on 80m)
Mults:    41
Score:    7,585 (subject to duping)

Boy this is one tough format to get used to! I liked it once I got into
the swing of it. Apologies to you who had to sort out my exchange when
I got flustered.

I suffered some serious front end overload from the BIG signals, plus
my housemate's cheapo TV fills 80m with sync buzz. Not very fun.
Skip on 20m was long, which is bad news for multipliers at my QTH.

I do think a power limit would be a good idea considering how everybody
hops around. I probably busted several exchanges when loud signals just
stomped on people I was trying to work. If there's a booby prize for most
busts, I'll probably win. *sigh*

Won't be in the phone sprint, it's Mardi Gras and I plan to be partying
on Bourbon Street about that time. Have fun...

73

-- ray // WQ5L
   rrrocker at rock.b11.ingr.com