Fastest DXCC Honor Roll???

wmhein at aol.com wmhein at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 22:21:13 EST 1994

Bill Kennamer, KF5UV, in his "How's DX" column in the January 1994 QST, posed
the question "...how long does it take to make the ARRL DXCC Honor Roll?"

This prompted me to sort through my QSL cards and put together my first DXCC
application ever.  My first QSO as a ham radio operator was on 26 June 1989.
On 26 January 1993, I worked AH1A.  At this moment there were only 9 DXCC
countries which I had not worked (or worked someone who "counts").
Therefore, I reached DXCC Mixed Honor Roll in 3 years 215 days (3 years 7
months almost exactly).  This is, of course, pending ARRL acceptance of my
cards.  I will FedEx the cards to Newington tomorrow.

ALL of my QSOs were freestyle -- no list or nets.

My fingers are crossed that this is the fastest ever DXCC Honor Roll
achievement (as measured by date-first-on-the-air to
date-last-country-worked).

Now, on to #1 Mixed Honor Roll.  Who's the fastest ever to work 'em all?  I
only have a couple of countries left: 3Y/P, 3V (have worked and QSLd 3V8AS,
but it doesn't count), 5A (have worked and QSLd 5A0RR, but it also doesn't
count), TN, VK0/H, and VU4.  I hope DXpeditions are planned for ALL of these
countries in the not-too-distant-future!!!

I also wonder what the fastest CW DXCC Honor Roll achievement is?  I have two
countries to go...

73
Bill AA6TT