Callsign Discussion

KPE at epavax.rtpnc.epa.gov KPE at epavax.rtpnc.epa.gov
Fri Jan 14 09:43:46 EST 1994

A reference was made here recently to a previous discussion on
callsign choices; namely, what makes a call "good" or "bad" for CW
and PHONE contesting.  Ed, WA2SRQ made the reference, and I asked if
he still had the discussion captured or archived somewhere.  He
doesn't still have it, so I'm asking publicly here if anyone on the
reflector might have a copy of the discussion.  Ed thinks it
happened in December, which is right before I joined the reflector.
If anyone has captured and archived the discussion, I'd like a copy
of it mailed to me here if possible.  Thanks for any help on this.
73, Kirk  WR3O

>From Trey Garlough <GARLOUGH at TGV.COM>  Fri Jan 14 15:39:45 1994
> A reference was made here recently to a previous discussion on
> callsign choices; namely, what makes a call "good" or "bad" for CW
> and PHONE contesting.  Ed, WA2SRQ made the reference, and I asked if
> he still had the discussion captured or archived somewhere.  He
> doesn't still have it, so I'm asking publicly here if anyone on the
> reflector might have a copy of the discussion.  Ed thinks it
> happened in December, which is right before I joined the reflector.
> If anyone has captured and archived the discussion, I'd like a copy
> of it mailed to me here if possible.  Thanks for any help on this.

To get the archive of December's messages, send a message to
FileServ at TGV.COM that says

SENDME CQ-CONTEST-ARCHIVE.1993-12

--Trey