NCJ_editorial_reply

ka9fox at aol.com ka9fox at aol.com
Fri Jan 21 15:16:06 EST 1994

Barry W2UP says:

>For example, suppose we have a W3 in Pittsburgh competing with a W1 in
Maine, and
>a W8 only 30 miles west of Pittsburgh competing with 8s, 9s, and 0s.  Is
this
>fair?

Suppose we have a W1 in Maine and a W6 in California, a mere 3,000 miles
west, competing for the same top 10 box.  Is this fair?

No division of the country will be totally fair... ever.  But any proposal
will be more fair than the current top 10 box of east coast participants.

Let's face it: This is a dead (and overworked?) issue.  The vast majority of
contesters want some sort of regional top X boxes and the contest sponsors
appear to be working on that now.  Any discussion from here on out should
concentrate on HOW this will be done, not IF or SHOULD it be done.

- Scott KA9FOX

ka9fox at aol.com   <- exercising good etiquette by signing message with
address!1