N6AW Field Day Results

0015017 at msgate.emis.hac.com 0015017 at msgate.emis.hac.com
Fri Jul 8 11:09:18 EDT 1994

From: Balmforth, Kevin D
Date: Fri, Jul 8, 1994 9:39 AM
Subject: N6AW Field Day Results
To: CQ Contest
Here are the results from the N6AW (Hughes-Fullerton ARC) 3A effort:

Band CW/SSB (antennas)
----------------------
80 152/0 (low dipole)
  - somebody throught somebody else was covering 75 phone...
40 617/549 (360' Vee, 7-el LP wire, loops)
  - 7 el wire beam + 13 yr old op on 40 SSB worked well
20 706/581 (204BA, KT-34XA, TH6, A-4S)
  - over-zealous "expert" overwrote 20m SSB logs; lost 4.5 hours of Qs
15 203/543 (KT-34XA (2), TH6, DB-1015)
  - not bad for bottom of cycle
10 12/206  (KT-34XA (2), TH6, DB-1015)
  - see above
6 0/36 (6 el yagi)
2 4/45 (13-el yagi)
220 0/40 (Ringo)
   - The no-WARC/free-VHF rule enhances east-coast again scores
OSCAR 10/45 (Cushcraft pair)
   - Only real shot at the bird started 7AM Sunday.
Pkt 29/0 (Ringo)
Novice-0/0
  - Our three 14 yr old Novices discovered girls and disserted us...

Total: 1733/2031 = 3764 total Qs, 11794 points

We put away 40 lbs of BBQ roast beef Saturday night.
Secret to FD success: good antennas, good food, lots of operators.

73, Kevin NC6U