what's wrong with ethernet?

W5XD at delphi.com W5XD at delphi.com
Sun Jul 24 01:29:03 EDT 1994

Is there any reason other than cost thta all the
interconnects for multiple computers in a contest station
are done with serial links?

Looks like the requirements are very similar to those of
multiple computers in an office where ethernet (or
ethernet-like) implementations dominate.

One reason I ask is that if you decide to run an OS on
your PC that won't tolerate multiple COM ports on an
IRQ, then the cost advantage for RS-232 over a network
card vanishes.

replies to w5xd at delphi.com
if there's lots of interest I'll summarize and post.

Wayne, W5XD