2 Radio SPRINTing

JSTEINMAN at aol.com JSTEINMAN at aol.com
Sat Jul 30 10:26:41 EDT 1994

Well TREE asked for it, so here it is.
Secrets to using 2 rigs in the Sprint !

First .... you MUST HAVE two radios. Amplifiers
optional but STRONGLY recommended. For antennas
it is helpful if you can use any of the three bands at once,
i.e., three feedlines, one each for 20/40/80. 20/80 CAN be
shared as it is unlikely you will use both at the same time,
at least during the current solar cycle levels.

Second ... some method of switching two radios
satisfactorily is needed. Think K0GU is collecting data
on this now.

Third .... You DO NOT need a computer for the SPRINT.
Just my opinion. I use 'em for every other contest tho...

Fourth ... operate 15 to 20 SPRINTS to get the hang of
the contest. More = better.

Lastly.... It is against IA2RCU (Int'l Amateur 2 Radio
Contesters Union) rules and regulations to use
2 rigs until you make 250 QSOs with one rig. Three rigs are A O.K. after 300
QSOs (w/ 2 rigs). Four rigs are O.K. after 350 QSOs (w/ 3 rigs)

You get the picture, don't you ?

See you in September!
Jeff KR0Y
jsteinman at aol.com