Contest Rig of Choice?

Leonard J Popyack, Jr. popyackl at ers.rl.af.mil
Wed Jun 29 12:22:46 EDT 1994

On Tue, 28 Jun 94 22:33:47 PDT, John Zapisek wrote:

>> [Rick/VE9HF]  I am leaning in favor of a used TS-950 or a new TS-850.
>
>I've used three TS-850's at multi-op efforts in the past year.  Two of
>them have crapped out during the contest.  Not a good track record.
>
>Anybody else have similar or opposite experience with TS-850's?  Three
>is not a very big sample size; it could just be a fluke.  73.  --John/K2MM

Used my 850 for the past four years FD efforts.  Ran the piss out of it
and has never wimpered yet.

We always seem to kill an ICOM every year (except one year we killed a
yaesu)
LEN WF2V

From: mraz at maverick.aud.alcatel.com (Kris I. Mraz) (Kris I. Mraz)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 94 10:41:17 CDT
Subject: slow exchanges

Chris KU4A says:

> gets corrupted to:
>
> CQer: CQ Field Day from W4XYZ
> caller: W1XYZ
> CQer: W1XYZ go ahead
> caller: 2A my-state
> CQer: roger 2A KY QSL?
> caller: roger, good luck and have fun
> CQer: CQ Field Day from W4XYZ

Or, the caller who give the exchange on the initial call:

CQer: CQ Field Day from W4XYZ
caller: W1ABC 2A North New Jersey
CQer: W1ABC 2A KY QSL?
caller: roger, good luck and have fun