Suggestion for ARRL & CQWW

craigr at marlin.nosc.mil craigr at marlin.nosc.mil
Thu Mar 10 08:43:06 EST 1994

>I's like to suggest a "TRIFECTA" category for the little guy with
>a tribander and a weekend to spare - Ten, Fifteen and Twenty Meters.
>Personally, I'd like to see this category in both ARRLDX and CQWW.
>Any comments? de Gary KH6GMP

    The ARRL DX contest used to have a High Band (10,15,20) and a Low Band
(40,80,160) catagories instead of the current single band entries.  Public
opinion convinced them to go to the single band system but maybe it's time to
re-evaluate the catagories.  If more of the DX stations opt'd for multi-band
operation, it would sure give the US guys more stations to work.  Sunday is
such a yawn'er in the ARRL DX test.

Rick Craig  N6ND
NRaD Code 848
craigr at marlin.nosc.mil