WPX callsign rules

Ray Rocker rrrocker at rock.b11.ingr.com
Thu Mar 24 23:02:47 EST 1994

With WPX like 19 hours away as I write, I have this burning question:

I'm in 4-land, fixed, permanent (for now!), but my call is a 5.
Do I have to sign WQ5L/4 in WPX? The most recent CQ I have with WPX rules
in it is from 1986 and it states in bold "A station in a call area different
than that indicated by its call sign is required to sign portable."

a) that *seems* to apply to fixed stations, do I read that right?
b) have the rules changed in the past 8 years?

Somebody in the same situation (WN4KKN N6TR K7GM N2IC N0AX et al.) must know.
replies direct to me please, if anyone else needs the answer I'll be online
until 2300Z. Thanx!

-- ray // WQ5L // rrrocker at rock.b11.ingr.com
   To /4 or not to /4, that is the question.