WQ5L (little pistol) score

Ray Rocker rrrocker at rock.b11.ingr.com
Tue Mar 29 15:11:50 EST 1994

Call used:  WQ5L (No /4! Thanx to all who responded to my question)
Location:   Alabama, USA
Hours:      23
Category:   Single op, all band, not-really-high power, no towers or beams

Band        QSOs  Points
------------------------
80           48     36
40           44    170
20          233    368
15          170    420
10           49    128
------------------------
TOTAL       544   1122 x 337 prefixes = 378,114

Were LA/SM/OH in a propagational black hole? I didn't even HEAR one.

Was able to get into rest of Europe nicely on 15m and 20m both days.
Saturday was better for 20m and Sunday better for 15m.

Can't say the same for JA though. Almost nothing there. I'm curious to
see how many JAs the 4-land big guns got. Wanted VS6WO for a new country
but of course I never heard them. :(

10m was only open to Latin America, but oh, what fun! Don't think I've ever
heard so many LUs, and so strong, even the QRPers. Propagation must have
favored me big time, as I didn't sit parked in any pileups for long.

The "Thunderstorms From Hell" that you may have seen the aftermath of on the
national news ruined 80m Saturday night, and distracted me all day Sunday,
always forcing QRT when the DX was coming in (Murphy KNOWS lightning).
Plus the 2-meter weather emergency net was competing for my attention.

-- ray // WQ5L // hoping all those VEs and KH6s and KL7s get on for SS
   rrrocker at rock.b11.ingr.com