Single Multi

KWIDELITZ at delphi.com KWIDELITZ at delphi.com
Thu Mar 31 00:56:23 EST 1994

I engineered my two radio station last summer. I don't remember anything in
ham radio being so rewarding since I built my first transmitter as a teenager.
I'm not technical, but I sure learned a lot. And finding I could actually copy
two radios at the same time was FUN - and that is what it is all about, having
FUN. So, Dave, you are one heck of an operator, but don't knock two radios
until you try it.

It took me many years to get my code speed up to the low 30's, which is where
you need to be to be competitive. It took me many years to have the money to
be able to get the rigs I want. It took two years to work my way through the
bureaucracy

so I could put up a tower. It will be more years until I can buy and build
my antenna farm. To strive to be a top ten operator takes time, effort and
money. If you don't have the time, money and desire, you have a handicap. Life
isn't fair, neither is propagation. Technology will continue to change, and if
you want to be at the top, your station will have to change also. So lets not
try to legislate away the competitve edge another station has. Join 'em or be
beaten by them, or in your case, Dave, why worry, you'll beat them anyway!

73, Ken, AB6FO  KWIDELITZ at DELPHI.COM