Spirit of the contest...

KM9P at aol.com KM9P at aol.com
Thu May 12 17:39:12 EDT 1994

> I'm all for stretching technology to the limits
>UP TO THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES.  But a Multi/Single with operators spread out
>all over the world is NOT within the spirit, in MY opinion

Excuse me...  But, in no contest is there a section in the rules that defines
"SPIRIT OF THE CONTEST".  This phrase is used frequently by some
to retroactively poo-poo someones technologically advanced contest effort.
 If you guys dont like the rules the way they are written, then change them.
 But don't give KP4UY or anyone else this lame "Spirit of the contest" line
of reasoning... It doesn't hold water.  If you participate in a contest and
follow ALL of the rules, as defined, then your effort should be recognized.
 If you beat me because of your effort... Congratulations, you beat me!

73

Bill, KM9P