CQP Score - AB6FO

KWIDELITZ at delphi.com KWIDELITZ at delphi.com
Mon Oct 3 20:40:03 EDT 1994

                      California QSO Party -- 1994

      Call: AB6FO                    County:   Los Angeles
                                     Category: Single Operator High Power

                      Summary
                                CW      SSB   MUL

                       160     8  0     5  0
                        80   128  1   111  0
                        40   224  0    56  0
                        20   273  0   279  1
                        15   178  0   314  2
                        10    14  0    64  0
                       VHF     0  0     0  0
                       ALL   825  1   829  3   58

                           CQP Score: 239,714

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  MULTS

      CW       825     2475        0
      SSB      829     1658        0

      Totals  1654     4133       58  =   239,714

Equipment Description: Radio A     = TS-950SD, Alpha 87A, Drake MN 2700
                       Radio B     = TS-950SDX, MLA 2500, Drake MN 2000
                       Antennas    = 10-40  Mosley PRO96 up 80'
                                     10-40  Mosley TA-33 up 36'
                                     40-160 W9INN Sloper
                                     80  Inverted V from 70'
                       Computing = Micron Pentium 90Mhz, CT9.03

Excuses: Couldn't run full power on 40 & 80 meters as keying would lock down.
         Could have sworn I fixed that problem last week.

         Using two radios in a multi-mode contest is harder than in a single
         mode contest

         Using two tuners for high power is much harder than built in auto
         antenna tuners for low power.

Soapbox:

Boy, was that FUN. Maybe it was because this was first time I've done  high
power.  Maybe  it  was that for the first time I can say I  never  hit  the
doldrums.  Perhaps  it was working ND for a sweep about  15  minutes  after
waking up and getting on 40 meters CW at 5:30 AM PST. I had 57 mults within
4 hours and then had to sweat the last one all night. Having ND call in  on
40 meters so early in the AM made me feel great about my off time strategy.
Or,  perhaps it was all the activity, or maybe it was 10 meters opening  in
the  last  two  hours. Or maybe it was, all Saturday night  on  40  and  80
meters, never working a CA station with a higher QSO Number (except for two
multi-ops.)

73, Ken, AB6FO KWIDELITZ at DELPHI.COM