HF remote equipment

aa2du at netcom.com aa2du at netcom.com
Mon Sep 5 16:53:16 EDT 1994

Danny, tell the guy to go scratch! I assume he is  using a properly engineered Exterior
TV Receiving Antenna? If not...I wouldn't give the guy the time of day. I had a similar
Problem with a neighbor a few years ago...the end of the story is the FCC gave ME a clean
bill of health, and told that guy to get cable, or install an outside antenna. (He was
using rabbit ears!) Of course, I mounted an external antenna on the same rooftop as
my tri-bander (my old QTH) about 25 feet horizontal spacing and showed NO disruption in
TV signal at any power level or frequency. If you cannot demonstrate this at your QTH then
you may want to consider remote control equipment. But if your signal is clean...don't
give in!

73, J.P.
>Thinking seriously about remote operating, the amp and beam on Asia cannot cocoexist with my

neighbors prime time 5-11 TV evenings. No he doesnt want
>cable, and the old RCA he got rid of  for his new $1000 whiz-bang TV was
>tvi proff, but not this new one! So.....anyone done successful HF remote
>TX and RX with off the shelf stuff? AEA has a box Ive listened to. Anyone
>have any software that emulates the front end of a rig on a computer screes?
>screen? Might feel stupid calling CQ DX on my phone handset ..but then
>again..it beats no CQing at all. Ill try and compile answers for anyone
>who is interested. Pse QSP any ideas, thoughts, or names. 73 Danny K7SS.mcimail

J.P. Kleinhaus, AA2DU
ARRL Hudson Division C.A.C. Representative
E-mail:  aa2du at netcom.com
             aa2du at aa2du.slip.netcom.com
             kleinhaj at iia.org
Compu$erve:  74660,2606