Must be a SULTAN at the FCC!?!

KA9FOX at aol.com KA9FOX at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 15:29:16 EDT 1994

On August 12th, I posted a message stating that I'm going on a DXpedition and
I'll need a copy of my license to operate... and I couldn't find it.  I asked
for ideas on how to QUICKLY get a duplicate.

Most of you said to simply write the FCC and hope it wouldn't take 2 months.
 SURPRIZE!!  2.5 weeks later, I got a duplicate license in the mail!

FYI, the FCC has apparently changed the way it prints amateur licenses.  My
old one was obviously printed on some sort of high speed dot matrix/impact
printer.  This thing is definitely laser printed.  They even recommend that
you have the wallet copy laminated because "the FCC has found, under some
circumstances, that laser printing can become displaced."

I'll do that... and make about 50 copies just to be safe!!!

Thanks to all of your for your ideas and input.  See you from PJ8Z for CQWW
SSB.

Scott KA9FOX
ka9fox at aol.com

Depressing and *wild* babe news, all in one weekend!  BABE.UPDATE.34b will be
posted soon.  If you're not on the list already, drop me a note.