W5WMU Sprint Report

BillK5GA at aol.com BillK5GA at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 13:27:30 EDT 1994

Here it is from W5WMU

      20.......103
      40.......119
       80......  82
 TOTAL...............304/43...........13,072

Gripes from Cajun land

1) Condx on 20 were bad. Skip seemed too long. My first hour was 79!!! I
know, that's embarrassing, and that is the lowest first hour I've ever had.
But that is life

2) A big thunderstorm came over the station at 0100Z. Therefore I had S7 to
S8 rain static on 40 until about 0230!! It was a real bitch to hear even the
loud guys. Very frustrating. It cost me about 20 Qs easily.

3} Heard a couple of the BIG GUNS lining up good mults before the contest
began. I guess it's OK,  but I personally think it is not in the spirit of
the competition.

4) In order to try and keep up with the BIG GUNS, I made 95 band switches
during the test. It becomes very tense and stressful, but if I'm going to
compete, I guess I have to do it.

5) One hour before the test began, one of the TS-930S blew a power supply. So
had to replace it with another. But after I did that, the SB-220 began
arcing!!!! So, I had to replace that with an ALPHA. With 15 min. to go before
the start, I finally was ready.