Using other calls at multi-ops

KR2J at aol.com KR2J at aol.com
Tue Sep 13 10:33:46 EDT 1994

>"Was there ever an official policy statement regarding the use of
individual operator's call signs to solicit QSOs in a multi-op?"

I'm not sure what the exact wording is, but, isn't this addressed by the rule
about not using more than one callsign from a station unless it's another
family member situation ?

Bob Naumann
KR2J at AOL.com

From: jholly at hposl42.cup.hp.com (Jim Hollenback) (Jim Hollenback)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 07:20:35 -0700
Subject: /125 Party - K6LL

On Sep 12,  2:40pm, "David O. Hachadorian" wrote:
> Subject: /125 Party - K6LL
> The mailbox is now overflowing with qsl cards, and the number is rising
> every day. It is obvious from the cards and from on the air (ssb in
> particular), that MANY of these qso's are from relatively new hams. Now, if
> we can figure out how to get them involved in REAL contests, it will really
> get interesting!

how about making up a qsl card stuffer, like the ones for Indexa, Heard Island,
and all the others, but instead invite them to participate in Sweep Stakes?
The ARRL offers a PIN  for 100 Q's and that could be pointed out. Perhaps
some encouragement from the /125 stations that have thick logs and a lot of
qsl's to answer would help even more.

Jim, WA6SDM
jholly at cup.hp.com

From: n4hy at ccr-p.ida.org (Bob McGwier) (Bob McGwier)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 94 10:28:16 EDT
Subject: the /125 thing

Bruce says:

> Like I said, these guys had the biggest piles.  How else could you ever get
> such a pile going from the rare country of North Texas???
>
>                               Bruce, AA6KX

That's easy.  Forget to use Preparation H.  Sorry, just couldn't resist the
reason why pile UP is what it should be called.

Bob

From: W. M Wood - The Signal Group" <mikewood at mercury.interpath.net (W. M Wood - The Signal Group)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 10:30:53 -0400
Subject: Half Square Antenna

Ken,
I've been using a top corner fed Half Square on 80 meters for about
18 months. It beats my dipole into Europe by several dB most of the
time and is never worse than the dipole. On the really long paths
into the Middle East, Asia and the South Pacific it really shines.
(1 S-unit or more above the dipole) It is much less noisy than my
dipole. I feed it with 50 ohm coax at the top corner through a
1:1 "choke balun" or current balun from Radio Works. SWR is about
1.6 to 1 at my design freq of 3795 Khz. I use a tuner fro cw operation
around 3510 and the antenna performs similarly there.

Best performance is with the antenna  a few feet above ground, not
with the ends hoisted high. Also use trees instaed of a tower as a
support or keep the vertical section well away from any tall
grounded conductors (like a tower).

Let me know your's works.

Mike Wood            Internet: mikewood at mercury.interpath.net
The Signal Group     Amateur Radio: NT4O
P.O. Box 1979     ***Avoid company disclaimers by owning the company ***
Wake Forest, NC 27588

Phone: 919-556-8477       Fax: 919-556-0115