MQH DID HE KNOW OR NO

Robert Neece al511 at Freenet.HSC.Colorado.EDU
Wed Sep 21 14:04:29 EDT 1994

Relative to the recent 'phone Sprint operation from K6XO's home
station, Steve Harrison, KO0U, writes:

>Was Alan responsible for the conduct of his operator? Yes, according to
>both the FCC and the contest sponsors, the owner of the station is held
>responsible.

In Alan's case, as I understood the posting, the guest operator used the
operator's callsign, not the station owner's callsign.

In these circumstances, Steve, is it your belief that if I invite someone
to operate my station using his callsign, I am, in the eyes of the FCC and
each contest sponsor, just as responsible for the operator's actions as I
would be if my own callsign were to be used?

If that is your belief, what provisions of Part 97 or the rules of
the various contests (or, for that matter, specific decisions of "the
courts"), support your view?

--
73 de Bob, K0KR