GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THE WIFE SAYING YOU'RE ON THE AIR TOO MUCH ?

perring at ICSI.Net perring at ICSI.Net
Tue Apr 11 18:32:05 EDT 1995

Next time, just take her along.
While at VP2 fer the WPX, Mary Beth discovered she REALLY does like to
contest !
To quote "Where we going next?"
To quote "Isn't there another contest we could go off for coming up
soon?"
To quote "I always thought your hobby had it's good points."
To quote "The next contest expedition we go on, will there be more
shopping available?"
To quote "Honey, get ur code speed up so u can work more stations faster
next time and go to           beach with me more next time ?!?"
To quote "I guess we won't be going to see my folks next Thanksgiving, so
where we going fer the           contest?"

N5RP, Bob
Houston, Texas
Email: perring at icsi.net

>From Tim Coad" <Tim_Coad at smtp.svl.trw.com  Wed Apr 12 00:39:57 1995
From: Tim Coad" <Tim_Coad at smtp.svl.trw.com (Tim Coad)
Date: 11 Apr 1995 16:39:57 -0700
Subject: Speaking of wives and conte

        Reply to:   Speaking of wives and contesting.....

>Next time, just take her along.
>While at VP2 fer the WPX........

Yes bring them along on the trip. My XYL sat and read books on the beach in
Aruba for a whole week while I played (worked!) in CQWW one year. At first I
felt sorry for her that she had nothing to do....Turns out thats exactly what
she wanted. Nothing to do! (However, we did do our share of snorkling/swiming
and other fun stuff after the contest was over.)

BTW, Just this past weekend, the same XYL and I were working in the backyard
when I saw her gazing at the 7 ele monobander on my rotatable skyneedle. She
looked at me and said,"You know, in a way, it really is quite beautiful isnt
it?".

Wow, How about that!
Wish I had a tape recorder:-)

Tim - NU6S