review

Luis_Delgadillo.aguas at xmex.xerox.com Luis_Delgadillo.aguas at xmex.xerox.com
Fri Apr 21 16:20:12 EDT 1995

review

>From John Pescatore <jpescato at CapAccess.org>  Fri Apr 21 23:21:04 1995
From: John Pescatore <jpescato at CapAccess.org> (John Pescatore)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 18:21:04 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: de: Mr. I Love Dayton

K3LR will procure "some sort of transcripts?"  hihi.  As usual, KE3Q will
do his best -- they call me "stenoman," or "Hemlock Bond, agent
double-oh-ampersand."   (00&)

73

(Rich Boyd KE3Q)

From: Floydjr <floydjr at nando.net> (Floydjr)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 18:30:26 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: WPX Rules

This is something that I would like to see changed in the WPX Rules. I do
not like to to see any contest really that a contact counts something
oneway and nothing the other way. You can use a NA prefix as a multi but
not as any points. This makes it very confusing for a non contester
getting started. I realize that these rules were probably written back
when the NA prefix was probably W,K,WA, and WB. But since then things
have changed greatly.

To prove my point, I took my contacts for Sweepstakes and ran them back
through CT in WPX contest. Very interesting thing showed up. In '95 WPX I
worked SSB Low Power all bands and worked 398 prefixes. I ran SS under
the catagory and I had 249 prefixes in it. I made 600 contacts in WPX and
775 in SS. To me I think we are missing were the real prefixes are. I am
not sure the total number in the NA but I do know it is changing
everyday.

Might be a thought for changing the rule or maybe a new contest even. It
would be like SS but instead of states it would be NA prefixes.

Just a thought I would bring up and see what it stirs up. I would email
CQ directly but do not have any addresses. Have all the ARRL ones. Also
feel free to flame me if you wish, why I don't know, but I am a retired
firefighter with 26 years. I can handle the heat.

73's JIM // WA4ZXA

PS Hope to see everyone in Dayton