Get off them rocks!

Sean E. Kutzko tigger at prairienet.org
Sat Apr 22 15:22:48 EDT 1995

>The W1AW bulletin said in part:
>
>" Rocks which cannot sustain human habitation shall not be
>considered for DXCC country status."
>
>This would seem to include Peter I and Heard Island among others.  As far as
>I know, no humans have ever "lived" there.  "Vacationing" for a few days
>doesn't seem to quite fit the definition, does it?
>
>73, W7LZP
>wrt at eskimo.com  (Bill Turner)

According to Webster's dictionary:

"Sustain: 1) To keep in existence: MAINTAIN"

With that definition, 3Y0PI and BS7H wouldn't qualify, as well as a
couple other DXpedition and CONTEST sites.

--
Sean Kutzko                                         Amateur Radio: KF9PL
Urbana, IL                                          DXCC:305 worked/297 cfmd

             "Kiss the hand you cannot bite." -Romanian saying