What's a dbworth?

JKAHRS at delphi.com JKAHRS at delphi.com
Sat Aug 5 13:50:03 EDT 1995

On  4-AUG-1995 21:11:59.7 k0od said to K2UVG and the contest reflector
<snip>
   > What is a single db--the basic molecule of a monster
   > signal--really worth to a contester?
   > Last year, I compared DX contest scores by power level: high, low and
   > QRP.
   > I concluded that increasing the transmitted power level a single db
   >might increase a station's contest score by nearly 10%!
<snip>
   > I played around researching this for an hour or two. Has anyone ever
   > done a real study of this topic?
   > -----------------------------
   > Jeff K0OD  St. Louis, MO  USA
   > e-mail:   k0od at mo.net

Thats interesting Jeff.  I give a program to clubs called "Dollars per dB"
where I use this as a Figure of Merit for station improvement.  This is a
different approach and would be more meaningful if the actual stations were
factored in and only station in the same area were used to rule out prop as
a significant factor.....very interesting.

73, Hank/K2UVG    ERIN = 0  K2UVG =1  we came thru it ALL OK!
Niceville, FL  50 miles east of Pensacola
Wish I had a video of the PRO67B "flying" tho...quite a sight
Internet: jkahrs at delphi.com