Final Notes on IC-765 Mods

W5KI at aol.com W5KI at aol.com
Sun Aug 13 23:58:22 EDT 1995

   Thanks for the MANY INPUTS received on IC-765 mods for VBT, higher power
out, sidetone tracking, front-end upgrade, and out-of-band transmit.

   Most of the mail gave moral support on whether the mods are worth the
time/trouble.  That was appreciated!  Cutting into $2000+ solid-state rigs is
not the same as the S-40 and DX-100 from CD Party days!  I even got reading
glasses the same day tho' -- first!!

   I have already sent a long version with facts on the mod's to the few that
expressed interest.    If anyone else needs info, especially on the VBT, the
higher power, and the out-of-band transmit, just e-mail me direct.  If
interested in the front-end upgrade or sidetone tracking, I would suggest
contacting  LTA Industries and K3LR.

Best 73... Steve, W5KI/2