WA8YRS 160MTR RESULTS

don.russell at ecrknox.com don.russell at ecrknox.com
Sat Dec 9 14:51:48 EST 1995

WA8YRS
Single op, 100w, in Ohio
Hrs: 21:12

552 qso's X 59 mults = 65,667  (1 dx mult)

SoapBox:

This is a fun contest.  My only problem is the High Power Stations
within a couple of hundred miles make it hard to copy West Coast
stations.  On the other hand, if it were not for the High Powered West
coast stations, I wouldn't even have heard the West Coast!

Highpoint:  Working more than one California Section
Lowpoint:   Not working all the California Sections!

I put up a different antenna about every year for this.  I may have
found a keeper.  I used the outside braid of my 80 mtr dipole feed line
as part of an inverted L.  Fed it in the shack with more coax.  Had 18
radials about 87 ft long.  This resonanted at about 1690Khz,  so I use
an antenna tuner.  Worked fairly good for me!  Anyone have experience
with a vertically orientated Half
Wave loop?  I'm thinking of trying one....

73, Don, WA8YRS                    don russell at ecr.knox.com