N7STU 10M RESULTS

n7stu at valleynet.com n7stu at valleynet.com
Wed Dec 13 09:07:46 EST 1995

--=====================_818871586==_

                       ARRL TEN METER CONTEST  1995

      Call: N7STU                    Country:  United States
                                     Category: Single Operator, LP

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

      CW        16       68        8        0
      SSB       24       48        7        4

      Totals    40      116       15        4  =   2,204

All reports sent were 59(9) CA, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:
Kenwood TS-120 80w (my 6m IF rig.  Had to modify it back to full power).
Vertical dipole @15'

A pitiful score but I've seen lower so I don't feel as bad.  Third attempt
at working CW in a contest.

Average signal strength was 3-6db over noise.  I was suprised that several
big guns back east could copy my foolish attempts to work them when they
were soooo weak running full power (90% of them didn't).

Still getting settled in a new QTH, hope to get up some real antennas soon.

Club Affiliation:  NCCC