The Contest Computer (Cereal Ports by one Snapped puppy)

n0dh at comtch.iea.com n0dh at comtch.iea.com
Wed Dec 20 23:52:50 EST 1995

One mans solution to the seriaL port wars

Microsoft Bus Mouse configured for IRQ2
Quickpath Systems serial/parallel card model 42 (16 bit card, 4 serial ports,
2 parallel)
	COM1 (not configured see below)
	COM2 IRQ 3	(VHF digital, PK232, packet interface)
	COM3 IRQ 10	(HF rig control, TS-850)
	COM4 IRQ 11	(HF digital, 2nd Pk232, RTTY etc)
	LPT1 IRQ 7	(printer)
	LPT2 IRQ 5	(CW and Voice keyeing interface)

US robotics 14.4 FAx/Modem COM1  IRQ4

All this runs simulatneously on a 486/50 under Windoze 3.1 without conflict or
loss
of data. Because the UARTS on the Quickpath are buffered I loose no data on
any
port while using the other so I can be off on HF RTTY or here on the internet
and still get my VHF packet spots (complete with beep) via DXBase 4.5 . I can
hardly
wait till Dean gets his windows version of DXbase done so I can point and
shoot with the mouse in DXbaseas well.

For contests I run N6TRlog which doesn't require TSRs to define the comport
interfacing and all this runs without a hitch.

Dave
N0DH/7

<---- Begin Included Message ---->