NV6O CW Sprint

EDWOODS at PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM EDWOODS at PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM
Mon Feb 13 08:00:15 EST 1995

Went to Randy's, AA6WJ for the cw portion of sprint.  He has a
super-duper Mosley all band Pro 67B (I think) at 80' and a loop on
75-80.  765 and and Alpha 86.

Worked great!  We found our loose LPT1 connection to the cw keyer and
also found that the radio communication was hooked to the wrong COM at
0002.20 or thereabouts.  Talk about panic.

We had everything ready at 15 min before hand and noticed that the
computer was not talking to the radio.  Fixed that, and while fixing it,
must have wiggled the LPT plug.  Oh well, at my rate...........

I left my disc at home, so here's what I remember

        20      76
        40     102
        80      56
             --------
               234       x 42

While not a significant score in the overall view of contesting, it's an
allmost 30 q improvement for me.  Was it his station?  Was it
conditions? Is it possible that I'm improving?

I noticed that I'm confused when the letters q, z and x are required to
be hit on the keyboard.  I've been typing since 7th grade (when the
Giants moved to SF) and this is probably an advance sign of
Callzheimer's disease.

Have to have my racquetball pro design an exercise for q and z I guess.

Danny is right.  20 is loaded with sprint fodder when the crowd moves
down to 40.

Randy's station is not set up for rapid band changes, as the 40 elements
of is Pro whatever require the use of an antenna tuner.  So does the 80
loop.  Guess I'm gunna have to determine the Z of his ant on 40 and fix
him up with a series coax transformer that he can switch in and out.

I can't believe the number of 300+ totals.........awesome!

Eric, NV6O
edwoods at pacbell.com