Sprint Results

WR3O at music-city.tdec.state.tn.us WR3O at music-city.tdec.state.tn.us
Fri Feb 17 15:48:44 EST 1995

Sorry if you've seen this already.  I sent it several days ago but never
saw it come back to me from the reflector.  (I'll probably get a dozen
copies of it now...)   In all seriousness, thanks to Trey and Lyndon for
keeping these reflectors up and running for the contest and DX communities.

                         1995 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT

     Call used: WR3O                                           Location: TN

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW              Power: 500W

     Callsign of Operator: WR3O

     Exchanged Information: WR3O nr KIRK TN

     Hours of Operation: 03:57

     band      QSOs     points
      80         40         40
      40         50         50
      20         46         46
     TOTAL      136        136   X   35 multipliers  =  4,760

     Club or Team Name: Tennessee Contest Group

     Comments:

     This was my first Sprint.  I thought this was a difficult and
     demanding contest.  I was pretty frustrated the first hour or
     so just trying to get the hang of it.  Things became easier
     as the contest went on.  The first thing which was immediately
     apparent is that my CW ability needs vast improvement if I am to
     continue CW contesting.  I felt like I was driving people crazy
     asking for repeats, especially the guys running 40+ WPM who
     would not QRS, even when asked, even on the 4th repeat request!

     Still, it was good training, and I guess this is how I will get
     better at CW contesting.  Thanks for all the repeats!

     I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the

           1995 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT on 02/12/1995

     conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the
     published rules for this contest.

     Date: 02/13/95   Signature: <signed> Kirk R. Pickering    Call: WR3O

73, Kirk  WR3O   ( WR3O at music-city.tdec.state.tn.us )