K8AZ M/2 Score

Nzharps at aol.com Nzharps at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 16:03:34 EST 1995

'95 ARRL CW --K8AZ  M/2

   QSO's       Mults.
   =====       =====
       40            33
     196            67
     904            99
    1223         100
      914         103
        60           36
    =====      ======
    3337          438      4.37m

 Operators:  K8AZ, K8BL, K8NZ, N8ARD, N8LXS, NX8R, W8CAR,W8KIC, WT8C.

 Radios:  IC-765's (four) + Misc. Amps.

 Antennas:
    Tower #1--   6/6  15m  KLM's  @ 135/65
                          5/5  20m             @ 130/60

    Tower #2--   2/2  40m  402cd's  @ 135/65
                            7L  10m                @  130

    Tower #3--   4/4   20m
                          6/6   15m
                           7/7  10m
               Former  K3TUP rotating tower now residing in Ohio.
    Tower  #4--  2L  402cd  @70

    Also:  80m "Robert Tail",  80m inv vee (NW/SE) @100 and 1/4 wave sloping
Vertical for 160m.   3 Beverages (NE, SE, W) were non-functional most of the
weekend.

COMMENTS:  The crew was pleasantly surprised at conditons.  The memory of
CQWW was still fresh in our minds, so this weekend was enjoyed by all.  We
got off to one of our worst starts ever as equipment repairs were necessary
one half hour BEFORE the contest began.  This kept AZ and WT8C jumping for
several hours.
   Our RX antennas were lost for most of the weekend due to serious QRM from
40m.  The 80m score seems to be a direct casualty of this problem.  We did
almost no "running" on 80 the first night. Saturday was better, but it seems
as though this was not our year on this band.
   Big surprise of the weekend was our 40m score.  This represents a total
that is our station record.  Doubt we can do much better than this without
going to much bigger beams and taller towers such as K3LR did.  To be within
400 Q's of Tim's 40m score is cause for celebration.
   Hope CONDX can repeat for SSB in two weeks.  We will probably enter as M/S
due to the fact that most of us hate SSB.
        73, Ron K8NZ for the AZCREW