KT3Y CW ARRL SO AB

Kt3y at aol.com Kt3y at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 11:56:37 EST 1995

Subj:  KT3Y CW ARRL SCORE SO AB
Date:  95-02-22 17:59:15 EST
From: Kt3y
To:     cq-contest at tgv.com

Subj:  KT3Y  ARRL CW DX SCORE S/O
Date:  95-02-21 22:50:47 EST
From: Kt3y
To:     CQ-CONTEST at tgv.com

KT3Y CW ARRL DX CW SCORE

 Single operator, unassisted

160      32     20     delta loop  w/apex @90ft
  80     320    62     Eu dipole @80ft
  40     823    71     3L Eu wire beam @70ft, E/W  dipole

  20     834    82     4L wire beams Eu &Ja @70ft,  lazy Hs
  15     633     70    5L Eu wire beam @80', lazy Hs.

  10       23      14   lazy Hs

     2665    319       2.55M

44 hours

Lots of new  antennas  this year.  Also used a pair of two wire
beverages for  80 and 160.

73   Phil  KT3Y

From: abraun at alb.med.itc.com (Alan Braun) (Alan Braun)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 95 05:56:16 GMT
Subject: V31TP - ARRL DX CW

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1995

      Call: V31TP                    Country:  Belize
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi Single

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160      171      513          40
       80      663     1989          56
       40      758     2274          55
       20      714     2142          55
       15     1136     3408          57
       10      650     1950          44
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   4092    12276         307  =   3,768,732

Operator List:  V31TP (WC0W), V31EV (NS0B)

Equipment Description: Kenwood TS-450
                       Butternut vertical for 160/80/40 (ground mounted)
                       TH-3 at 10 feet for 20/15/10

We operated from the Cahal Pech village in San Ignacio, Belize (near the
border with Guatemala), using a single radio barefoot and a fairly modest
antenna system.  Conditions were excellent, with good long openings on 10,
15 and 20 and huge pileups on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.  Although
John WC0W has operated from Belize a number of times before, this was my
first attempt at DXpeditioning and was really fun though challenging at
first.  We far exceeded our goals for the contest, with no problems at all
from a radio standpoint (although MANY problems with Continental Airlines
which got us there a day late with many complications!)  Thanks to all who
worked us.  73 - Alan NS0B

*   Alan Braun MD, NS0B       *   Internet: abraun at alb.med.itc.com      *
*   Jefferson City, MO        *   Packet: NS0B at N0LBA.#cmo.mo.usa.noam   *