Numeric Abbreviations

JFSINGER at delphi.com JFSINGER at delphi.com
Tue Feb 28 20:01:33 EST 1995

I wonder about the origin of the abominable "Nine-r." Why niner, not oner or
twoer, etc?  Or nine-iest, or nine-ing?  Maybe we should add a superfluous
syllable to all numbers? In my experience, niner confuses foreign hams almost
100% of the time. It belongs only in old movies along with "roger willco."
           Jeff   K Zero-iest OD      jfsinger at delphi.com